POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compiling beta 25 on Solaris X64 : Re: Compiling beta 25 on Solaris X64 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling beta 25 on Solaris X64
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 2 Mar 2008 11:57:08
Message: <47cadc64@news.povray.org>
> *) The ./configure script didn't like the version of the libz I had installed.
> It complained it couldn't figure out which version it was even though it was a
> good one. I suspect that this is an autoconf/Solaris issue though. Not quite
> sure what to do about it. Same problem for the libpng, libtiff and libjpeg.
>
> *) ./configure failed the size int test; it turned out I had to set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually to the libboost path (/usr/local/lib).

	Please mail me the config.log file that configure generated.

> *) My system only had gmake and no make installed and I had to fix the Makefile
> manually in a few places to make sure it used gmake instead of make.

	That's odd, there should be *no* explicit reference to make within
any Makefile.  Can you tell where you had to apply those changes?

> uncompress                          ../source/base/libbase.a(povmscpp.o)
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to povray

	Ah-ah, indeed this one needs to be wrapped too.  Thanks!

> *) It turned out that my system didn't have ar installed, once installed it
> worked fine, but I only found out during the compile. ./configure didn't check
> for the binutils (not really important, since I suspect it will be installed on
> most systems).

	Thanks I will be adding an extra check.

> Also, gcc generated quite a few warnings

	They are harmless.

	Thanks again for reporting,
	- NC